Freedman Boyd Hollander Goldberg Urias & Ward, P.A. has extensive experience representing clients in criminal matters. We handle all types of criminal cases from investigation through appeal including violent crimes, white collar crimes, fraud, embezzlement, bribery, espionage, terrorism, sex crimes, and driving violations. We have a strong track record of winning trials and appeals.
We also have an active international criminal practice, representing our clients and consulting with lawyers on cases in foreign courts and international tribunals. Nancy Hollander has maintained an active international criminal practice over two decades, and is currently an Associate Tenant with Doughty Street Chambers in London. We have also won substantial damages for a client in an international court and have assisted lawyers in securing discovery in U.S. courts for cases being defended overseas. Our attorneys regularly lecture at trial advocacy seminars to students and attorneys abroad.
The firm also represents individuals who have had funds or property seized by state or federal governments or those who have been victimized and have lost funds that are frozen or seized by the government through civil forfeiture proceedings.
Representative matters include:
- Representing Army whistleblower Chelsea Manning as lead appellate counsel and for her clemency petition, where the firm successfully petitioned President Obama to commute her sentence.
- Obtaining dismissal of gun smuggling charges brought against a licensed gun supplier following the successful suppression of evidence obtained through an invalid warrant.
- The dismissal of 58 out of 59 espionage charges against Dr. Wen Ho Lee and obtaining a favorable plea agreement following false accusations of spying.
- Obtaining a favorable plea for a professional athlete accused of leaving the scene of an accident.
- Obtaining a not guilty verdict for a small business owner facing allegations of federal tax fraud.
- Defending a leader of a charitable organization accused of providing assistance to a terrorist organization.
- Obtaining a conditional discharge for a man accused of rape.
- Achieving a grand jury no bill for a client accused of securities fraud.
- Obtaining dismissal of two charges of battery on a healthcare worker brought against a patient experiencing hallucinations following major surgery.
- Representing a nurse practitioner during investigation of drug charges and allegations of health care fraud.
- Obtaining a no bill from a state grand jury for a woman accused of vehicular homicide.
- Obtaining acquittal for a health care worker charged with the homicide of a patient.
- Obtaining acquittal for man charged with obstructing TSA agents at the airport by photographing them.
- Obtaining favorable pleas that permitted two women separately charged with international parental kidnapping to return to their home countries.